RTC Technical Director and Club Goalkeeper Coach required
Report by Sue Prior
Page last updated at 5:10PM GMT, Wednesday, 10 January 2018
Charlton Athletic Women have two exciting vacancies for enthusiastic, ambitious and committed coaches within our Women's and Regional Talent Girls set up.
Charlton Athletic Women are one of the biggest names in women’s football, with a fantastic history. With successful seasons recently within the FA Women’s Premier League South Division and cup competitions, the club are now working towards the next tier of women’s football.
An FA Regional Talent Club, with brand new facilities shared with the men’s team at Sparrows Lane Training Ground in New Eltham, and a new kit agreement with Hummel in place, the club are developing and strengthening on and off the field to build to continue our success into 2018.
Role: FA Girls Regional Talent Club Technical Director
Location: Charlton Athletic Training Ground, New Eltham, SE9 2JR
Responsible to: Club Chairman
Purpose of post: To oversee the technical programme and delivery at the Girls Regional Talent Club (RTC)
Contract type: Seasonal (subject to being granted the FA RTC Licence)
This is a part-time role. Our RTC train for 6.5 hours a week (Tues, Wed & Fri evenings) and play matches Saturday mornings. All training sessions and a fixture each weekend must be attended as part of the role.
Start Date: February 2018
• Implementing a training programme in line with Long Term Player Development guidelines
• Ensure high standards of coaching delivery across all 4 age groups
• Develop and overseeing a continuous professional development programme, to include a comprehensive mentoring strategy, for coaches and support staff involved within the RTC.
• Ensuring the RTC adheres to the FA standards for safeguarding children
• Monitoring and evaluating the player and coach performance of the RTC
• Provide 1:1 performance reports for all players and staff
To provide a key link between the youth and senior set up of the club
To help with improving the club's commercial footprint
Key skills and experience required: Essential
• A Licence or experienced (minimum 3 years) B Licence who is working towards A Licence course
• FA Youth Modules 1 & 2 (essential) - Module 3 (desirable)
• Member of FA Licensed coaches club
• Emergency Aid or BFAS Award
• Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
• Current Enhanced FA CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) Disclosure
• Experience of coaching young players & good communication skills
• An appreciation and experience of mentoring and developing coaches
• Understanding of the FA Women’s and Girls player pathway
• An understanding and implications of Long Term Player Development
• Experience of managing individuals and teams
• Willingness to work weekday evenings and weekends
• Ability to travel independently
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to: email@example.com stating role applied for in the email header
Closing Date: 26th Jan 2018
Role: Club Goalkeeper Coach
We are looking for a goalkeeper coach to work within our senior and RTC set-up. Ideally to coach all of the clubs goalkeepers on a Tuesday evening (starting 5.306pm) in 3 sessions - Age 10-12 followed by age 14-16 and finally the womens team keepers.
The key skills and experience that are required are as follows:
Qualified to a minimum FA GK Level 2
Level 2 & Youth Modules 1 & 2 or new Level 2
Member of FA Licensed coaches club
Experience of coaching
FA First Aid/Safeguarding qualifications and current FA DBS check
Someone who is a confident coach and a good communicatior
Someone who is willing to bring new ideas and support the clubs vision
Coaching experience within girls/women’s football
A desire to work towards a GK B License
Start date: February 2018
Venue: Charlton Athletic Training Ground, New Eltham, SE9 2JR
Hours of work – One evening a week (Tuesday) - 3 one hour sessions
Reports to 1st tean head coach & RTC Technical Director
To apply email your CV & a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for in email header.
Closing date: 26th Jan 2018.