Report by CAFCWomen
Page last updated at 2:19PM UTC, Wednesday, 29 May 2019
We are looking for a candidate to join our dynamic team and assist with the management, treatment, rehabilitation and development of our first team, U21 development team and Girls Regional Talent Club players.
Charlton Athletic Women’s F.C. has a great tradition of developing young exciting players. Next season we will be playing in the FA Women’s Championship and to that end we are looking to expand our team by appointing a physiotherapist to support our players. We are looking for a candidate to join our dynamic team and assist with the management, treatment, rehabilitation and development of our first team, U21 development team and Girls Regional Talent Club players.
We are looking for a proactive individual, who offers ideas and opinions comfortably, who is up to date with current literature and seeks to progress and innovate. We want a person who can help to develop the department and educate our players on how to reduce the risk of injury, prepare for training and matches and recover like elite athletes. We require someone who is able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of the physical needs of women footballer players and has experience of structuring and delivering rehabilitation programs relevant to the requirements of the sport and the various age groups.
A BSc degree in Physiotherapy, membership of the CSP and the HCPC is essential and you will need to demonstrate a record of professional development through other relevant accreditation, courses and qualifications.
The candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to not only interact with the staff within the club, but more importantly with the players who vary in age.
Knowledge of football is desirable but not essential, particularly if you bring experience from other high performance disciplines.
Send your current C.V. and covering letter via email to; CharltonWomen@cafc.co.uk. Please note we cannot reply to all candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION and PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: Charlton Athletic Women’s FC Physiotherapist
EMPLOYER: Charlton Athletic Women’s FC
RESPONSIBLE TO: Medical Team leader and The Team Manager
SALARY BAND: Part-Time - TBC
HOURS OF WORK: Training evenings 7-10pm and Matches Home and Away
LOCATION: New Eltham and match locations
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Acute Intervention: To direct the injury management of all first team and U21 development players with the aim of optimising the healing process.
- • Injury Prevention: Reduce the risk of injury occurrence in all first team and U21 development players with the development of appropriate screening and injury prevention strategies.
- • Rehabilitation: Design evidence based protocols for return to full function of all first team and U21 development players to allow them to compete at the highest level whilst minimising the risk of reoccurrence of injury.Assist with the screening process of first team and U21 development players identifying risk factors for injury
- • To provide pitch side medical cover for first team and U21 development team matches and training sessions
- • To work effectively with the football coaches to develop practices that incorporate physical, tactical, technical and mental components so that time spent training maximises the parameters as efficiently and effectively as possible
- • Provide In-service training where necessary to educate part-time coaches, and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- • Work with other members of the multidisciplinary team to improve performance through developing, implementing and evaluating rehabilitation programs
- • Maintain a comprehensive database of work conducted with players and coaches.
- • Continued education of the players and when necessary their parents/guardians through planned structured sessions
- • Assist with the physical testing at regular times throughout the season, helping to monitor and assess training load.
- • Work effectively with other support staff and services, including sport science/strength and conditioning/sports physician/medical services, to provide an integrated approach to performance enhancement
- • Ensure that the delivery of the physiotherapy service effectively meets its commitments to the players and coaches
- • Undertake any other reasonable duties for the Manager, Sports Science/Conditioning Department, or other club staff members as may be requested
- • The Candidate like all other staff members is required to make suggestions to improve the working situation within their area of work
- • A BSc in Physiotherapy.
- • A post graduate qualification would be advantageous
- • A current membership with the Health Professions Council
- • FA ATMMiF qualification
- • Indemnity insurance
- • Experience of working with elite level athletes and treating sporting injuries in a team environment
- • The ability to assess injury, design and deliver individual rehabilitation programmes
- • The ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, in a clear and logical manner
- • The ability to work collaboratively and effectively to achieve best client care
- • The ability to educate, advise and motivate individuals and be able to take a holistic approach to the treatment of an injury
- • The knowledge and awareness of available conventional and alternative treatments
- • The knowledge and expertise to promote the health and wellbeing of individual clients
- • Experience of working collaboratively within a multi disciplinary team
- • The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced CRB check.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline of activity, roles and responsibilities and is open to change.