Charlton Athletic Football Club Women
Goalscorer Amy Howlett - Photo Keith Gillard
Charlton 1-0 Enfield Town (Capital Women's Cup semi-final)
Charlton 1-0 Enfield Town (Capital Women's Cup semi-final)
Report by Sue Prior
Page last updated at 9:20PM UTC, Sunday, 22 February 2015
A second half strike from Amy Howlett saw the Addicks through to the Capital Women`s Cup Final at Cheshunt on Sunday in a match played in driving freezing rain and high wind.
Charlton took control from the kick-off and an early Charley Clifford corner was cleared to Kim Dixson but the skippers shot from the edge of the area flew over the bar.

A measured cross from Howlett just evaded the out-stretched boot of Sam Pittuck before PHSC Player of the Match Emma Harrison had a low shot saved by Enfield keeper Bethan Davies.

An Enfield counter attack saw striker Vicky Lewis send an effort wide of the upright.

A Stef Simmons effort was deflected wide and from the resulting corner centre-back Rosie Paye headed over the target. 

Another Addicks corner saw Paye have two shots blocked before a powerful strike from Pittuck brought a fine save from Davies.

Simmons then sent over a teasing cross but Harrison was just unable to connect.

The Addicks then looked to have taken the lead when Paye headed home a Simmons corner but the goal was disallowed because of pushing.

It was Paye who went close again in the final action of the half sending another header narrowly wide.

After the break the Addicks were quickly back into their stride as a Simmons header from a corner went narrowly wide of the foot of the post.

Simmons then turned provider sending over another fine cross which was met by Pittuck but her effort flew over the bar.

After 52 minutes Charlton got the goal their possession deserved when Harrison`s cross found Howlett who found the top corner with a dipping effort from the edge of the area.

Pittuck broke through the heart of the home defence and pushed the ball past the keeper but her touch was a little too heavy and she could only fire into the side netting.

As the game progressed conditions became more and more difficult with the ball holding up on the wet surface.

Pittuck headed wide from a Katie Hardaker corner before Nikita Whinnett had a shot blocked and Katie Flack latched on to the rebound forcing keeper Davies to make another save. 

A powerful run from Harrison saw the forward cut in and her goalbound strike was clawed away by Davies in the final action of the game.

The Addicks will face West Ham in the final after their 2-0 victory over QPR in the other semi-final.
The final will be on Wed 6th May at Harrow Borough FC - ko 730pm

Charlton: Lynch, Paye, Coombs, Butler, Flack, Howlett (Southgate 70mins), Dixson, Clifford (Hardaker 70mins), Simmons (Whinnett 70 mins), Pittuck, Harrison 
Recent Results
First Team
Date Opposition Score
18 Oct 2020 Coventry United 2 - 3
07 Oct 2020 Reading (Conti Cup) 0 - 4
27 Sep 2020 Liverpool 0 - 4
No results are available
Upcoming Fixtures
First Team
Date Opposition Venue
01 Nov 2020 London Bees A
04 Nov 2020 Brighton & Hove Albion (Conti Cup) H
08 Nov 2020 Durham A
No fixtures are available
Recent News
Other News
Liverpool 4-0 Charlton
Charlton Athletic Women launch iPro deal
BiKBBI continue support for Charlton Athletic Women
Charlton 1-0 Blackburn Rovers
Bethan Roe signs from Brighton
Charlton 2-2 Crystal Palace
Ella Rutherford signs for the Addicks
Shauna Vassell signs for the club
Lois Heuchan re-signs
Eartha Cumings signs from Bristol City
BreamTeam - Digital Creative Company