Applications are open for the role of Development Team Manager
Report by CAWFC Media
Page last updated at 9:43AM UTC, Friday, 06 July 2018
We are looking to recruit a Development Team Manager - for more information about the role please read on . . . .
Charlton Athletic Women’s Football Club has a great history in the English female game and in 2018-19 will play in the FA Women’s Chamionship, the second highest level of women’s football.
Our Development Team will compete in the FA Women’s National League Reserve section.
As a club we always strive to improve and are looking for an excellent quality and committed Development Team Manager to organise and coach what is effectively the club’s U21 Team as we strive to develop future first team players.
Management responsibility for: CAWFC Development Team staff
Reports to: First Team Manager
• Recruitment and selection of high potential youth players.
• Management and assessment of Development Team Players whilst addressing Player's development/needs.
• Preparing and delivering appraisal meetings with Players throughout the year.
• Advising on retention of players in discussion with the first team management.
• Planning and preparing coaching sessions for every week
• Preparing a pre-season programme to maximise performance for the forthcoming season.
• Ensuring a full and appropriate Strength and Conditioning Programme is in place alongside the club’s S&C team
• Carrying out media requests including post match when necessary
• Organising the transportation of all equipment required for home and away matches
• The organisation and preparation of all equipment for all matches.
• Working closely with the physiotherapy/fitness staff to maximize Player's fitness and availability for matches.
• Recruitment of potential players for the Development Team squad and to develop a Recruitment Strategy for 16-19 year olds.
• Working closely with the Junior Section Technical Director in order to develop an in-depth knowledge of the Junior/Development Team players, in particular the older age groups and those with First team potential.
• Liaising with the Club Secretary with regards to exit routes for Players.
• Safeguarding the CAWFC group and those who work to support this group.
• Protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Main Job Requirements and Person Specification
• The candidate needs to be UEFA B License qualified
• FA Youth Modules 1, 2 and 3 are desirable.
• The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
• Working with elite females at the age groups of 16-21
• Experience of managing female players
• Experience of developing players with international potential
• Track record of developing players
• A knowledge of the standard required at CAWFC and an understanding and sound knowledge of the overall Women's Football Development Pathway in England.
• Flexible approach to work with a passion for high volume and within a fast paced operational environment and a proven commitment to teamwork.
• Innovative, lateral thinker who is able to balance operational delivery with the drive to make creative and continuous improvements.
• Full understanding of successful practice and operations of CAWFC.
• Excellent communicator - able to engage with businesses, coaches and players, keeping up-to-date with market awareness and opportunities.
• A proven ability to work cross-functionally and effectively manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
Hours of work
Tuesday and Thursday evenings (Training)
Sunday (Match day)
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Charltonwomen@yahoo.co.uk